Gravity Global is the most awarded marketing consultancy specialising in brands operating in complex markets. Led by strategy, innovation, technology, data and creativity, we create brand-and-demand marketing programmes that drive transformational growth for our clients.
With 14 wholly owned offices across the US, Europe, and APAC, you can develop a truly global career in a rapidly scaling organisation.
We are looking for an experienced HR Assistant / Administrator to join our Oxford team. This role will be joining a busy centralised HR team supporting a global business across multiple UK sites and working closely with our extended HR team on global HR projects and initiatives. We are growing rapidly, and this role will be providing day to day support to our HR team which currently consists of an HR Manager and HR Director.
We have a collaborative HR team who will always make themselves available to listen, guide and develop the right candidate. We believe that great ideas can come from anyone, no matter your seniority.
This is a fantastic role for someone with a passion to pursue a career within HR, and to receive support and guidance from a very friendly and fun HR team where no two days are the same!
- Assisting with the recruitment process, to include advertising vacancies, organising interviews, reviewing applications, liaising with recruitment agencies and managing assigned roles on our applicant tracking system, Teamtailor.
- Managing the onboarding process, including conducting pre-employment checks, obtaining new starter documentation, updating payroll, scheduling inductions and updating our HRIS and organisation charts
- Managing our shared HR inbox and dealing with low-level HR enquiries from employees and managers, escalating more complex matters to the HR Manager or HR Director
- Drafting documentation such as contracts of employment and other lifecycle HR correspondence
- Ensuring our HRIS platform, HiBob, is kept up to date and accurate
- Administering the performance review process
- Assisting the HR team with L&D activity, including maintaining training records and assigning relevant training from our training platform
- Producing monthly reports extracted from our HiBob, to include basic data analysis
- Maintaining our filling system, relevant folders and spreadsheets
- Providing HR support on ad-hoc HR projects
- Ad-hoc minute taking in internal meetings, investigations and hearings
- Assisting with benchmarking exercises and conducting research to support HR initiatives
- Managing the offboarding process, which will include but is not limited to conducting exit interviews, producing all exit interview documentation and necessary offboarding on our relevant systems such as HiBob and Teamtailor.
- There will be opportunities to support the HR team with reviewing our current processes and providing you input and suggestions for change.
- Any other HR associated admin tasks to support the team and key stakeholders
Experience / skills required:
- In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have your CIPD Level 3, working towards it or interested in studying it (we are able to provide training)
- This role will be suitable for someone with previous HR experience or someone who has had exposure to elements of HR such as a recruitment administrator or office administrator who has previously supported on HR tasks and is wanting to transition into an HR focused role
- Due to the high volume of administrative tasks, we require someone who has excellent multitasking and organisational ability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive and eager to learn
- A keen demonstrable interest in UK employment legislation
- Personable, friendly, approachable and professional at all times
- Experience of working in a marketing/advertising agency or creative industry
- Completed CIPD level 3
- Experience of working with HiBob or another HRIS
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Global career development opportunities
- Normal working hours are 37.5 per week, with core hours from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday, though a degree of flexibility will be required.
- We offer hybrid working with 3 days in the office and 2 at home. Our in-office days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Opportunities to make a difference and get involved with our working groups focusing on areas such as wellbeing and ESG / Sustainability.
- To work with the best brains and creative talent in the industry.
- To learn and develop with access to industry specific training, including our in-house training modules.
- To join a team of hard-working specialists who like to have fun along the way!
This role is based in our Oxford office which is situated in Summertown, Oxford. There is shared parking which is allocated on a rota basis amongst the team. A bus stop is also located directly outside of the office which provides transport links into the city, train station and park and ride car parks.
If your experience doesn't align perfectly with the job criteria, but you meet some of the criteria and are excited about the role and Gravity, please don't be put off applying! We would encourage you to apply for the role as you may be just the right person for this role or other roles.
Gravity Global is an equal opportunities employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, sexuality, disability and other protected status as required by applicable law.